Jump Start Dog Sports is pleased to announce we will be hosting a new workshop called “Introduction to Movie Set Work” featuring Jon Van Dyke.
Saturday, November 3rd from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. (held in the back field at Jump Start Dog Sports).
This workshop is open to all dog enthusiasts who are interested in learning the basics of training your dog to work on a movie set, and will cover the following topics:
- Creating a character for your pup versus creating a “robot”
- Defining a useable “gag” as opposed to a dog trick
- Tricks and how to use them on a movie set
- The mechanics of building a character dog
- And, of course……plenty of Q&A
What to Bring:
- Canopy and chair (all participants)
- Dog crate/dog, water bowl/water, plenty of small, soft treats, flat buckle collar or martingale, leash (working spots only).
- We will provide coffee and pastries
- 15 Working Spots – $75/spot
- Unlimited Audit Spots – $45/spot
Be sure to reserve your spot today by signing up online by clicking here or in person at our Jump Start Office (open M-Th, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. & 4-8 p.m.). For more information please call our office staff at 714-985-1555.
Jump Start Dog Sports, 4631 Valley View, Yorba Linda, CA 92886 – www.jumpstartdogsports.com
Jon Van Dyke has enjoyed more than three decades working in Hollywood with some of the biggest names in the business. He has coordinated and trained the lead character dogs for numerous major productions like Mars Attacks, Lethal Weapon 2 and Iron Will.
Jon brings a vast knowledge base to training and has worked with hundreds of dogs over his career. He has spent the majority of his adult life on film sets and all of his life working with dogs. Jon said “he feels fortunate to have been able to work in a field he loves for as long as he has”.