Jump Start Dog Sports is pleased to announce we will be hosting a new workshop called “Introduction to Tracking” featuring Vita Allison.
- Saturday, June 16, 2018 from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. (held in the back field at Jump Start Dog Sports).
This workshop is open to all dog enthusiasts who are interested in learning the basics of tracking and will cover the following topics:
- Why tracking is a great sport for almost everyone
- Training a “deep nose” for a solid foundation
- Article indication
- Line handling
- Personalizing your training plan for success
- And of course …… plenty of Q & A
What to bring:
- Canopy and chair (all participants)
- Dog crate/dog, water bowl/water, plenty of small, soft treats, flat buckle collar or martingale, leash (working spots only). Note: for working spots, you are welcome to bring any tracking equipment you have, but it is not at all necessary
- We will provide coffee and pastries
- 9 Working Spots – $75/spot
- Unlimited Audit Spots – $45/spot
Be sure to reserve your spot today by clicking here to sign up online or in person at our Jump Start Office (open M-Th, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. & 4-8 p.m.). For more information please call our office staff at 714-985-1555.
Jump Start Dog Sports
4631 Valley View
Yorba Linda, CA 92886
Vita Allison has enjoyed tracking with a number of dogs of various breeds, especially in Urban situations. She has titled over 30 dogs of different breeds in AKC and other venues, often achieving the highest awards and national rankings. She has written numerous articles to help people get started tracking, many of which were published in Dog Sport Magazine. Vita is fascinated by the science of scent and is always learning new training techniques. She would really enjoy introducing you & your dog to tracking!!