“No one appreciates the very special genius of your conversations as does your dog.” – Christopher Morley
IMPORTANT TRAINING POINTS
- Take your dog to new places and train
- You may need to initially ask for less duration with new distractions in their environment.
- Introduce your dog to new people and activities.
- Continue training all the behaviors you have learned so far.
- If your dog can’t perform new behaviors outside of their own environment, ask yourself if they really understand what is expected. Are you giving your dog the chance to succeed? If your dog’s behaviors are not what you expected, ask yourself (a) if you are training often enough, and (b) is what you are asking for realistic? A dog’s confidence, like yours, comes from succeeding, not from fearing to be wrong!
Image courtesy of classroom-clipart.com