Why is your puppy barking continued from 9/11/2017:
- Remove the stimulus:
- Close the drapes
- Keep the puppy inside when school lets out and children are walking by
- Crate your puppy when you are not at home so he won’t be bothered by falling leaves or branches
- Install a solid fence around your property
- Reward your dog for sitting quietly when company comes – and your puppy won’t have a reason to bark.
- Investigate why he is barking, as there may really be something to bark about. Actually look in the direction of his bark. Say something like “I see it, thank you”. Sometimes “who are you talking to?” is all the acknowledgement they need to be quiet. If you yell at him to stop barking he may interpret your behavior as joining in and helping him.
Image courtesy of Eugeneblogspot.com